Member BenefitsAny bakery-related business owner will enjoy many real benefits from membership of the Baking Industry Association of New Zealand.
Any bakery-related business owner or baker can become a member of BIANZ, take advantage of the many benefits!
BIANZ members include small and large companies engaged in a variety of baking-related activities including retail bakeries, cafes, cakeshops, large scale manufacturers and bakery goods wholesalers.
What BIANZ offers:
- Buying partner discounts from our partners, including platinum partner NZ Bakels
- Group Discount APP - over 20 suppliers around NZ, up to 30% discount, Armstrong Security, Auto Super Shoppes, Beaurepaires, Blackwoods Protector, Bunnings, Capes Medical, Carters, Dulux, Give Plants, Ideal Electrical, Mico Plumbing, Mo Money, MYOB, Noel Leeming, OfficeMax, PlaceMakers, RateBroker, Reduced to Clear, Repco, RocketSpark, Southern Hospitality..
- BIANZ members receive a merchant rate of 2.35% for face-to-face transactions with Westpac (as at February 2017)
- Advisory Service - full time resource available to members
- Free advertising in BIANZ’s Slice Magazine, distributed to over 3,000 businesses throughout NZ
- Digital marketing and digital advice
- Notifications via monthly e-newsletters on Events, Competitions and Industry News
- Member website log in access to use Business Resources including the latest Employment Contracts
- BIANZ Health and Safety Manual
- BIANZ Custom Food Control Plan
Buying Partner Discounts - membership of BIANZ guarantees you rebates with some of the industry’s biggest suppliers. View list of our Buying Partners here or see our information page on Buying Partners here.
BIANZ Custom Food Control Plan is for wholesale bakeries and available to current BIANZ members. It’s the most advanced Food Safety Programme, complies with the new Food Safety Act and audited by an approved MPI Auditor. We also offer a service from our partners at Food and Health Standards (2006) Standards for advice and/or implementation
Business Resources via the member log in area. Employment contracts, credit application forms, cashflow forecast template, business income statement template, the Four Five's Rule calculator, business plan template.
Advisory Service - simply email or call the Business Development Manager, Teghan Mear for information on where to locate or find resources you may need in your business.
Free initial employment legal advice from our employment lawyers McPhail, Gibson & Zwart (MGZ) www.mgz.co.nz or see our partner page on more information.
Free advertising in BIANZ’s Slice Magazine, distributed to over 3,000 businesses throughout NZ. We distribute 4-5 issues per year.
Digital marketing and digital advice
Notifications on Events, Competitions and more - monthly e-newsletters and posts on facebook. BIANZ also hosts regional meetings, conferences, competitions and bakery tours for members. BIANZ events give members the opportunity to meet other members, learn new ideas, catch up on technology developments, hear about the latest trends and of course meet the board members and provide any feedback and/or ideas!
Training - we assist in placing graduates, facilitate student entry into competitions and provide trainees with relevant industry information while they are training. BIANZ works closely with training providers and Competenz, the Industry Training Organisation to recruit bakery trainees and ensure bakery qualifications remain relevant and accurate.
BIANZ are more than happy to provide any advice or assistance.
0800 NZBAKE (0800 692 253) or email email@example.com
The Association has earned its place as the voice of the industry and offers extensive resources based on sound knowledge and experience in baking, management, food safety, and employment matters.
Whatever type of bakery-related business you have, if you employ cafe staff or bakers directly or indirectly, you will find fellow members willing and able to help with practical advice and assistance. Excellent value for money. Help is just a phone call away!
Who should join BIANZ?
- Owners and managers of bakery-related businesses, including wholesale and retail bakeries, cafes, catering companies, patisseries, in store bakeries, cake shops, lunch bars and canteens.
- Bakery and patisserie trainees and apprentices
- Independent bakers and patisserie chefs
- Industry suppliers
- Related organisations and associations
You can pay monthly and you can pay full membership with your credit card.